DataCore Software is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in sales, business development to manage sales through partners. This quota-carrying position will be responsible for achieving the revenue targets and for structuring and launching new deals. A sales drive, passion for technology and understanding of product launch fundamentals are essential. Ability to influence and develop mutually beneficial relationships within and across the organization is also vital. This is a quota’d sales position; results will be measured in terms of revenue generated.
The Partner Sales Director (PSD) will act as a sales liaison between value added partners and DataCore Software. The PSD will be responsible for driving sales revenue through our partner community. The PSD will also be responsible for qualifying, recruiting and enabling new partners working alongside the Channel Director, as well as managing the current partner base. The desired candidate will have the proven ability to sell complex software solutions to both technical and executive audiences and must understand how to work with VAR channels. Strong business ethics and great communication skills are a must.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
Manage the sales aspects of the Partner relationship including:
Revenue: Responsible for driving DataCore Software License and Service revenue with DataCore partners. Overrall management of partners within a determined territory with a core focus on a list of target partners.
Enablement: Market current programs and contracts that provide partners ability to resell DataCore Software products, and adopt DataCore Software solutions.
Solution Offering: Work with current and target Partners to understand current offerings and to develop DataCore as a dedicated practice.
Mapping: Responsible for working with partners on account mapping, go to market strategy, and facilitating partnering efforts of DataCore Software Field Sales. Develop and implement marketing plans and events with select partners coordinating with the DataCore marketing team.
- Prospecting within target verticals leveraging all available internal/external resources to identify end user business needs, projects and other opportunities for engagement.
- Collaborating with Inside Sales (lead development).
- Driving the creation and leverage of customer references within targeted verticals resulting in further pipeline growth & progression.
- Creating and owning DataCore-led pipeline while engaging channel and alliance partners in support of the sales cycle, resulting in wins.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of channels within the United States.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in Sales, Business Development, Alliances, Territory Management, Technical Sales. Storage Experience a plus. Sales Hunter desired.
- Must have strong relationships with VAR's at all levels.
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving solutions selling and product marketing for application and infrastructure software, especially in the context of major partnerships.
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to work with LARS, Systems Integrators, and Resellers with a strong understanding of these different business models.
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities.
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable.
- Technical undergraduate degree or MBA a plus.
- Available to travel within assigned territory and other locations as required, can be 70% plus at times.
- Achieve defined sales objectives; maintain a healthy pipeline of forecasted opportunities. Drive toward expected quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipeline, forecast and close deals to ensure above-quota results.
- Report on sales activity and forecast.